What is jQuery
It was released in January 2006 at BarCamp NYC by John Resig.
Licensing: It is free, open source software Dual-licensed under the MIT License and the GNU General Public License. Microsoft has integrated jQuery officially into its IDE Visual Studio 2010 and jQuery intellisense is available in Visual Studio 2010 now.
It helps to
• Improve the performance of the application
• Develop most browser compatible web page
• Implement UI related critical functionality without writing hundreds of lines of codes
• Extensible – jQuery can be extended to implement customized behavior
Other advantages of jQuery are
• Simple and Cleaner code, no need to write several lines of codes to achieve complex functionality.
Where to download jQuery from